Wednesday, February 21, 2018

~Snow Day~




Sometimes, especially in winter, I dream of living somewhere on this earth where the winters are actual winters with freezing temperatures and snow, that is everywhere. :D Maybe someday it will happen haha... I don't know what it is about the snow, but it makes me feel so warm inside (even though everything else is usually freezing). Just seeing everything covered in a white layer brings such a peaceful attitude to my spirit. With all the negative in the world, a completely white layer over everything makes it as if God is sending His cleansing spirit over us. Helps us slow down. And look at old things in a new way.

Down in the valley where I live, we haven't had too many days below 35 degrees this year and with that came the lack of snow. I have been so hopeful for the days that it will snow us all in but that hasn't exactly happened yet...YET! It did, however, just snow in the hills around the valley and before we lost the chance to enjoy it my mom and I geared up and had a wonderful snow afternoon!


It is so amazing to walk in God's creation when it is all covered in this white powdery stuff. It's like being transported to a different world!




We came across a sign just right for the occasion! A PEACE sign! 


Here we found ourselves at a fork and because I had a map I knew that the path to the left would wrap back around to the path that we were currently on. I thought that it would come out ahead of where we were, instead it came out at another point back behind us and so we had to retrace our steps until we reached the fork again and continued to the right. 
This situation can relate to our lives in many ways. In one aspect sometimes when we choose to take a turn off the main trail it doesn't always help us in getting further on in our lives. Instead, we might have to recover those steps, rebuild those relationships, or relearn ways of doing things. Having to travel those extra "miles" might have not been in God's plan for you, but that doesn't mean that He will let you fail. He can turn it around for His glory just like He did in Joseph's story (it doesn't even have to be a path that you decided to take!). On the other hand, taking these side adventures are not entirely bad, wrong, or horrible experiences. Every life is different and God has designed a special plan for everyone! Maybe that extra turn in your life is a growing period, that you need in order to have the tools you need for the next journey ahead. In all circumstances, prayer is an essential part of keeping that connection to God open and keeping in tune with His will for your life. 
If you're saying to yourself..."But I've prayed for direction and I haven't heard anything from God." Then reevaluate where your focus is. I definitely have to do this with myself, as it is so easy to get focused on the answer instead of the Answerer. If God gave us all the answers right away, we would forget to really rely on Him along the way. 

Okay back to the pictures of the snow :D


The sun started to come out and shine between the trees. So BEAUTIFUL!


My adventure buddy of the day!


Oh and there's me haha :)


I could stay here forever


After our snowy hike, we built a nature designed snowman in between our two snow angels we had made when we first arrived. 


And of course, nothing is better than having some pre-made hot chocolate ready to warm our insides as we headed out.



Thanks for reading today's post and sharing in our adventure today! I hope you all have a great rest of your week and I pray that where ever you are in life God is at the center and He is guiding your life to be the best that it can be!


No comments:

Post a Comment