Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Can You Feel The Love?

As this Valentine's Day is ending I thought I would write this quick post, to reflect on some things. Today I went to the store and I don't know what it is about Valentine's day but I could just feel the love in the air (😉😁). It just seemed like everyone knew that they were loved, that everyone loved someone, and that people were just nice to each other. I just love that feeling! Why can't every day be like this?

Credit to my wonderful mom :)


But in a way, it can be! Because we are all loved 100%, 24/7 by our amazing Heavenly Father!

A lot of the time . . . ok most of the time, Valentine's day is centered around couples and sweethearts and us single peeps can sometimes feel left out (not as much anymore with amazing friends, and it turning into a 'single awareness day ' lol) but it can still make us single people ask ourselves "will there ever be that person for me?" I know I have asked that question to myself and I can find myself wondering what this day would look like to spend it with that special someone. But right now, God has me perfectly right where I am and I have learned to be content with that. Knowing that it is okay to be that single friend is great because in the end there is always Someone who truly loves and cherishes me.

Also, I want to give shoutouts to my wonderful friends. God has blessed me enormously with AMAZING God-fearing friends and I am so thankful to have them in my life!
A rose for such an occasion as "Galentine's Day" :D

Speaking of friends, make sure you go over and give some love to Sincerely Dreamette! A wonderful blog started by a dear friend of mine. 😊


On my way home this evening, I heard "Live Like You're Loved" on the radio and why not . . . it is a day all about love, haha. Anyways, a regular song that I have heard countless times before jumped out at me. 

It goes:

So go ahead and live like you're loved / It's ok to act like you've been set free / His love has made you more than enough / So go ahead and be who he made you to be / . . . I'm tellin' you somethin' / This God we believe in / Yeah, he changed everything / No more guilt! No more shame! / He took all that away / Gave us a reason to sing

This song reminded me that we always have a reason to "feel the love," to act like we mean the world to someone! No matter who you are, where you are, who you have around you or what you've done, you are LOVED and CHERISHED by the Kings of kings and Lord of lords! You are worth being loved!
With all that love that Jesus pours over us, we have the ability to pour that love onto others!
So I commend you to pass on that same love that Jesus showed us to others. It doesn't have to be anything big, maybe it's just a kind smile or compliment, or maybe it's doing something special (for no reason) for someone you care about.   




I am now going to finish this blog post and this Valentine's with a cup of yummy almond milk and a wonderful chocolate chip-oatmeal-raisin cookie! 

Thank you so much for reading this post and I want to let you know that you are AWESOME right where you are! 




No comments:

Post a Comment