Saturday, May 19, 2018

Fired Up > Just A Youth Group

This last year, I got the opportunity to be a small group leader in a discipleship group called Fired Up and I loved it so much! Fired Up is definitely not your average youth group. It is designed for growing Christians to come and expand their knowledge in God and His word, their faith, and to be in fellowship with like-minded people. Its also not only a come and hear group but instead the invitation is to come and be involved! Not only hear but also do! Throughout the Fired Up year, we come together each week (besides breaks for holidays) and worship, listen to a message, dig deeper in small groups, memorize verses, and of course have a blast together!
I've been involved in Fired Up for the last 3 1/2 years and during that time I have grown so much in my faith and built amazing friendships. I am so grateful that I was invited to Fired Up and that I've gotten to be a part of its amazing ministry!

Each year Fired Up has a main focus for the year and this year that topic was 'Equipped to do Good Works.' There was so much to learn from and all the message topics were so beneficial! In fact, it can be a little overwhelming because there was so much, but as a fellow Fired Uper said, 'just pick one thing, one area and work on it.' That's all God really asks of us, He wants us to start somewhere and then expand from there.

This week was the last meeting for Fired Up, as we break for the summer, and I am really going to miss it. As a small group leader this year, I got to be way more involved in Fired Up and plant seeds in my small group peeps. I love them all so much and will greatly miss our weekly small group time together!

Even though Fired up has ended for the year, everything I learned continues on and I can't wait to share what has been spoken to me with you in my upcoming posts!

Here is a recap of some of my favorite moments from this year with Fired Up and I hope you enjoy it!

*I do not own the rights to the music used in this video. Courtesy goes to www.hooksounds.com and song is Summer Feelings




No comments:

Post a Comment