Sunday, May 27, 2018

A Heart Longing to Go

I am really excited to share with you all in today's post about the upcoming plans for my life!


I have always had a strong desire for missions; to travel and explore God's creation with also the passion to incorporate sharing the LOVE I've found in God with others. It is so amazing to go over to another country and witness God do the miraculous. To see people with very little but SO MUCH!
God uses everyone's gifts and passions for His Kingdom and it is so amazing to see that worked out, whether here at home or overseas.

While I was on the path of looking into various programs and ways to incorporate missions into my life, I heard about a very AWESOME program from someone who shared their experiences with it in Fired Up. It is called Discipleship Training Program (DTS) through Youth With A Mission (YWAM). You might have heard about it before but if you haven't, I would encourage you to check it out, if you are interested in missions! It is such a vast program that has so many opportunities for people based on desired location or passions. There are over 200 school locations with varying focuses but all designed to bring a person into a more intimate relationship with God and to equip them with the needed tools to share His gospel with others.

After hearing about this amazing program, I immediately knew that I wanted to go on a DTS. I just didn't know which one, and boy are there SO MANY CHOICES!
It feels like it has been an extensive process of elimination and discernment but after close to a year of searching and praying for God's leading, I am drawn to a DTS base in Canada. This particular DTS focuses on counties in Asia such as Nepal, Mongolia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. I have had a desire to go to Nepal for quite some time and it would be incredible to go there on my outreach, but it would be just as amazing to go and be God's hands and feet in any of these countries.

The timeframe that I am aiming to go is at the end of September 2018 until February 2019. It blows my mind thinking about what it would actually be like to go and in some ways feels like a dream. I am believing that God will continue showing me His direction and that He will provide for the desires He has put in my heart.
As of right now, I have been communicating with the administrative office at the Canada DTS base and have begun getting things in line to apply, which I plan on doing in June. I still have to purchase travel medical insurance and get a medical evaluation for a medical reference. Those are two big hurdles it seems that I have still yet to cross and which I would love prayer for. Prayer that I would continue trusting in God for His providence and that I myself would keep growing in my faith in Him and not to get stagnant.
I am also starting to fundraise now and spread the word about this endeavor, which I want to invite you along on too!

I will keep you all updated on how the process is going and how you can be apart, whether with prayers or support! To me, both are greatly appreciated and I thank you so much for taking part in this journey with me!

Have a blessed Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment