Friday, August 31, 2018

JUST 25 DAYS

UPDATE!!



Just 25 days to go and I will be on a plane headed straight for Canada! WOW, how time has flown by! It still has an unreal feeling in my mind...just thinking about being in another country, away from home, meeting new people, learning so much more about God, and then traveling to another country, just completely blows my mind and I AM BEYOND EXCITED. So much so that I can't sometimes express how much.

I have been collecting items for my trip here and there and with each item, it becomes more of a realization. Yesterday I just received my backpacking backpack and that was the last major item on my list. Now I need to do a trial run and learn how to pack it. While I am in Canada I can bring luggage and things from home but during the outreach phase, that backpack will carry everything I'll bring. I don't think I've ever packed that light, haha. It's all part of the adventure!



So how am I really doing, you might ask... Well besides being overjoyed that I am going, I can't say that it hasn't been overwhelming at times. Here I am just an ordinary girl, living my life with a dream to do something amazing but practically no resources to make it happen, or to make it happen in the short time frame I've got.
With less than a month to go and still a thousand dollars to raise for the first part of DTS, I can't say that I haven't worried. It seems like such a big gap... BUT that is why I have to remind myself of verses like... Philippians 4:19:
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
and Isaiah 45:5-7:
 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
    apart from me, there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
    though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun
    to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
    I am the Lord, and there is no other.
I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the Lord, do all these things.


There are so many more verses in the Bible that remind me that God is for me, and even though the journey might not be easy, He loves me and wants me to succeed. Through every journey of life, there is something to be learned and grown from, I am becoming more and more aware of that as I get older. Nothing good comes easy as someone once said and if it did we would never grow in the process. 
As God is teaching me to lay down all I am, my worries, my fears, my joys, my dreams, my reality at His feet it is a humbling and relieving act. It takes a lot out of oneself when all they can think about is what isn't there and I am so glad that I don't have to let that be the case. 
God has been providing for me in huge ways during the last couple of months and I know He is not done yet. I believe and will never stop believing that nothing is too big for OUR GOD. 
And I just want to thank all the people in my life that have blessed me sooo much with supporting my DTS journey. You all have no idea what you and your support means to me. I am beyond words for how grateful I am. You might not think God is using you in mighty ways but by encouraging this curly-headed girl, HE IS!

So that is my heart out in the open. I pray that my testimony through this journey will encourage you and inspire you to want to take a leap of faith in your walk too.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment