Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Our Omnipotent God

I wasn't planning on blogging today, but I feel that God is directing me to share this really powerful message with you all. This is a message that He has been really growing me in and showing me that it is indeed true! I also feel that it is really important and is a really big "influencer" in our Christian walk of faith.


If you believe, work hard and desire God first, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
I said ANYTHING!

God might be calling you to do something extraordinary! Maybe it's something that has been on your heart for a long time. But if you don't take that first step in faith it might never happen.

I was just reminded yesterday, in a message from Pastor Chris (Church of the Highlands), that God WILL call you to do things that require more than you have. This is because God doesn't want you to go off on your own, depend on your own strength, and leave Him behind! He wants to be your guide. Your provider. Your counselor.

Funny enough, I was just listening to a message this morning from Pastor Steven Furtick (over at Elevation Church), about how our relationship with God is "By Invitation Only." In his message, he said (paraphrasing here) that God wants to show up, direct our path, and help out, but He will only step in if an INVITATION is EXTENDED to Him. Meaning that if someone never wanted anything to do with God (😢), He won't just pop into their life (usually, but He can do whatever He wants like He did with Saul!😁) and say "I give you my Word but you don't listen. Straighten up!" 
God gave us all free will and that free will includes being able to decide whether or not you are going to invite God along on your journey called life!

So please, wherever you are, have the DESIRE to INVITE God into your situation. Into your troubles. And also into your times of peace. 
GOD WILL SHOW UP! Maybe not in the way you thought or maybe you don't understand it in that moment, but He WILL BE THERE!

TRUST IN HIM FOR ALL THINGS
INVITE HIM ON ALL JOURNEYS
and
KNOW THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH OUR OMNIPOTENT GOD!!!  


I hope that this encouraged someone tonight and I want you to know that these are NOT my words. In fact, as I was proof-reading this post, I was thinking to myself... WOW, I really needed to hear this! These are God's Words! 

Have a blessed night (or day)!





No comments:

Post a Comment